Today, Our Titan Band & Guard was recognized by CA Senator Nielsen’s Office at the CA Senate Floor Resolution Presentation. Our Director, Sonora Mello was accompanied by our 2015-16 Drum Majors: Sephira Olson, Jesbaam Sanchez, and Katelyn Addison, to be presented this prestigious award. Also in attendance was Principal John Becker and Superintendent, Ron Severson.
To view the replay go to:
1. Online at http://www.calchannel.com. They should have a television schedule which should list the time that the Senate Floor Session will be replayed..
2. After the session is over, a video should be available at http://senate.ca.gov/media-archive
The Antelope Lions Club is excited to welcome us for our first AMBUSH! of this year – this Saturday, 8/15/2015!
The AHS Band and Guard will be marching through the 15th Annual Community Garage Sale in the Antelope Marketplace Shopping Center (OSH/Winco)!
Here are the Event Details:
- Wear Titan Red and blue or black pants.
- Instrument should be ready to go – leave cases in the car (there will not be anywhere to keep them safe when we step off.)
- Call Time: 9:30am– Drop off students behind OSH, near the OSH pick up area.
- 10:00am –Band will “step-off” to march through the parking lot sale. Over 80 local businesses, community organizations, and homeowners participate in this annual Antelope event!
- Please do NOT walk alongside the band. Since this is AMBUSH! style, we will be “surprising” most of the patrons at this event and space will be tight! We will have volunteers in place to “clear the way” for our Titan Band to make their way through our neighbors – please find a spot to stop and take pictures – we would love to see them!
- 11:00am– Pick up students at the same drop off location (behind OSH.)
The map of the area is here: OSH Sale Ambush 8.15.15.
NOTE: Please do not park along the side of OSH. There is space behind the building, or drop your student and park out front to enjoy the community event while you wait for the AMBUSH! Carpooling is strongly recommended.
The route and timeline are subject to change in the event that conditions become unsafe.
The 2015-16 Antelope Band Boosters Association (ABBA) invites YOU to join us for our first ABBA Membership Meeting – Thursday, 8/13/15 in the band room at Antelope High School.
Festivities begin at 6:30pm with Band Orientation (open to all years), followed immediately by an ABBA Membership Welcome Party (Meeting) to include:
– Raffle Prizes
– Snacks and Beverages
– Goals & Objectives
– Membership Sign-ups (forms available, or can be downloaded online ahead of time)
– Titan Band Spirit Wear
– Communication Updates
This night is for you! This is your opportunity to come and learn how our students are the nationally recognized, Award-winning AHS TItan Band & Guard and how being a part of ABBA can help! View behind the scenes. Be a part of the excitement. Meet new parents and learn!
What: 2015-16 Band Orientation with Sonora Mello, Director
When: Thursday, 8/13/2015
Followed by: ABBA Membership Welcome Meeting
Earn Raffle Tickets:
1 – Sign in to the meeting!
1 – Bring Recyclables (plastic, cans, glass)
1 – Paid ABBA Annual Membership ($5 + form)
Please email Kim Dierdorff, ABBA President at email@example.com with any questions that you would like addressed in either meeting.